Do you want to become part of a global organization that identifies people and initiatives that successfully have solved local environmental challenges of access to clean water, clean air, and nutritious food? And that helps to promote working solutions to improve the climate? Then WAFA is for you!
As an HR Coordinator at WAFA you will be a key player in developing and executing the HR strategy and goals to support WAFA’s mission:
Identifying people and projects that help resolve challenges of access to basics for human survival and that has a direct focus on improving the climate.
Become A Volunteer For WAFA (Water Air Food Awards)
WAFA is a volunteer-based NGO headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark. Our main activities are to identify, recognize and award community initiatives that address basic needs and collaborate with nature. By doing this, we give a voice to otherwise unknown and unheard heroes.
To help WAFA grow and to enable its organization full of talented volunteers to further develop, we are looking for a skilled and experienced HR Coordinator. You will be a key contributor in shaping our HR strategy and incremental in its implementation. You will have exposure to the entire organization and learn from experienced leaders. You will be able to develop your own skills while being part of a truly impact-making journey.
If you are passionate about the environment and if you want to bring in your HR skills to help elevate WAFA to the next level, then we have a spot for you!
- Participate in development of overall HR strategy.
- Define overall hiring strategy and specific recruitment approach per job opening.
- Identify and manage appropriate platforms to post job ads.
- Review applications, down-select applicants and make recommendations to the Hiring Managers.
- Communicate with applicants.
- Coordinate interview process of applicants.
- Prepare on-boarding.
- Implement volunteer performance review process.
- Establish volunteer agreements.
- Prepare an organization to set-up employments.
We expect you to:
- Have a minimum of two years relevant experience within HR.
- Be familiar with MS Office suite.
- Be able to work independently.
- Be fluent in English writing and verbally.
- Have availability of 10 hours per week minimum. Preferably during day-time CET.
It goes without saying that you enjoy working with people and are a team player, and that you are self-driven and well-organized.
You will be working remotely and require access to a computer with fast internet connection. We communicate via WhatsApp, emails and video calls.
As a volunteer, you get:
To work in an international team and get exposure to experts and enthusiasts from various backgrounds. You have a flexible schedule and the ability to work from home on topics you enjoy and that are meaningful. Most importantly, you will have the chance to put your HR ideas in practice and help shape the future of an organization with global reach and potential.
Does this sound like a job for you? You can apply with your CV and a short letter of motivation telling us why you want to join WAFA by email to COO Markus Schmidt firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like our new HR Coordinator to start as soon as possible. We will get back to you for an in-depth discussion about the position.
If you would like to know more about WAFA or have further questions, visit our website https://www.wafaward.org/ and get in touch. We look forward to getting to know you!