NKT Photonics A/S is a dynamic, international high-tech company and a leader in developing, manufacturing and supplying high-performance fiber lasers, solid-state lasers, and photonic crystal fibers. The headquarters is in Birkerød, Denmark, with facilities in the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Germany, the USA, and Sweden. The company aims to make a difference in the world by creating technology and products that benefit mankind. These high ambitions motivate the company to perform above and beyond its peers.
NKT Photonics operates in four main market segments:
- Medical & Life Science
- Aerospace & Defense
- Quantum & Nano Tech
NKT Photonics serves a global market with 400+ employees in headquarters, manufacturing sites, sales & service offices, and distributors. The EMEA region represents 59%, the Americas 23%, and APAC countries 18% of total revenue. Revenue has been growing 17% per year since 2015.
The Group will continue to grow and strengthen its leading market position thanks to:
- A comprehensive IP portfolio
- High barriers to entry from industry incumbents
- Investments driving sustainable and long-term growth
NKT Photonics is one of the fastest growing and most innovative photonics companies with a comprehensive IP and investments for sustainable, long-term growth and attractive margins (20% of revenue spent on R&D). NKT Photonics products are industrially robust and generally mature, with strong pipeline of additional products in development. The laser industry is relatively young, and technologies are complex and exciting. The nature of the NKTP markets is rapidly shifting from balanced towards scientific and academic customers towards industrial OEM. Products are produced in low-volume and high quality, presenting unique challenges.
To support NKT Photonics, we are looking for a technical support manager to lead the way and provide mature technical support while improving continuous learning and communication pathways.
The Global Technical Support Manager role
The Technical Support Manager is pivotal in strengthening our global response team and ensuring customer satisfaction through adequate technical support. You will set the direction of Technical Support, establish support strategies, and internal processes and responses in alignment with stakeholders.
At the same time, the role requires you to be technically hands-on, forward-thinking, and willing to learn a new complex technology.
The mandate includes utilizing CE functionality within “Dynamics 365 for Sales” to track issues through appropriate workflows; managing a Technical Support team in global locations (DK, CH, UK, and US to start); working with Manufacturing and Engineering to move systematic fault finding and support to the front-line, and reducing the need for Engineering involvement; triage returns and direct into the repair line; and by analysing the nature of the problems establish continuous improvement back into the organization.
The role also involves engaging directly with key customers, as it is essential to remain adaptable and responsive to the demands and changing needs of OEM accounts. This requires staying current with the latest technologies and industry trends, which can help you effectively support in both remote and on-site scenarios.
The Technical Support Manager will report to Erica Bricchi, Director of Operations – Planning and Customer Service at NKT Photonics.
Role & Responsibilities
- Design a Technical Support Organisation with a clear mandate and appropriate global coverage.
- Performance and personnel management for Technical Support Team.
- Work with Engineering to establish fault-finding methods to reduce the need for Engineering involvement.
- Define and set up appropriate facilities in global locations for remote support and initial fault-finding. Repair is possible.
- Along with the Customer director, re-evaluate and optimize the CE-based workflow for ticket tracking and issue resolution.
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering in collecting the required information to provide feedback on Continuous Improvement opportunities for Production, Engineering, and Logistics.
Key success criteria
- Develop the technical support strategy and processes necessary for NKT Photonics.
- Prioritize collaborative efforts and form and educate a strong, capable global response team.
- Promote cross-functional collaboration with critical functions and stakeholders.
Ideal candidate profile
- Possesses leadership experience in technical support or service, either as part of a previous or current role or as a full-time position.
- Capacity to establish and evolve a professional global response setup and adapt to changing needs.
- Proven track record in collaborating across departments to secure agreement on processes and future strategies related to technical support.
- Experience in cultivating a proactive and collaborative culture.
- Technically competent with experience in a technology or complex high-tech industry is preferred.
- Strong relationship builder and people skills.
- Quick learner of complex technology and interested in challenging yourself technically.
- Relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree.
- English – both oral and written.
Visiting NKTP European sites – once/month minimum.
Visiting NKTP US – once/quarter minimum.
Customer Support Visits – estimate once/quarter.
- Internal: Customer Services/Sales Admin
- Engineering: Fault Finding
- Production: Fault Finding & Repair
- Quality Management: CAPA
- Sales: Account support
- Global Locations: DK, CH, UK, US
What NKT Photonics Offer
NKT Photonics offers an exciting position where you are guaranteed to make a huge difference. You will join an organization committed to excellence in its products and services.
For more info, visit www.nktphotonics.com
How to come into consideration
You can apply for the position using this link.
Peoplement offers executive search and recruitment of executives, senior managers and key specialists within general management, sales, digital, marketing, finance, supply chain & operations, HR and IT.
DK 2900 Hellerup, Denmark