BK Medical is strengthening its position after been acquired by GE and need a strong leader to take the software group to the next level.
BK Medical is a global company focused on developing and marketing innovative ultrasound systems, used by clinicians globally. We develop, manufacture, sell and market our products to end customers who are both hospitals and private medical clinics.
The European headquarters are in Herlev, Denmark, where, among others, Engineering, Sales, Finance, Customer Service, RA/Q, Technical Service, Repair Service and part of the Marketing department are based.
Manufacturing takes place inside the BK Medical Organization or at contract manufacturers. Globally the company has approximately 550 employees, of which 140 are based in Herlev and 60 are based in BK Medical’s direct sales offices in DK, Sweden, Germany, Benelux, UK and Italy. BK Medical has sales representatives in the United States and market ultrasound systems in more than 70 countries through professional distribution partners.
BK Medical is a world-leading brand within urology and surgery, and the company’s position is based on close cooperation with the most renowned doctors and universities. This cooperation is vital for BK’s development of ultrasound systems, meeting the constant needs of clinicians for new, innovative diagnostic approaches. The organization focuses on developing the skills and knowledge of employees and is characterized by a professional and informal organization with flexible working conditions.
BK Medical has a flat organizational structure with a very open and informal culture. The employees are committed and skilled, and the company has a strategic focus on maintaining and developing high work standards and business ethics.
Key values for BK Medical:
- We work with great passion and always strive to get to the next level
- We do what we say and say what we do We are open, direct and look out for each other
- We are aware of the basic needs and requirements of our customers. At the same time, we see opportunities instead of limitations
At the European headquarters in Herlev the work atmosphere is casual. They have a good staff canteen, and the chef is focusing on health and variety. They have private health insurance and pension plans as well as social joint events and several staff clubs.
Visit BK Medical’s homepage www.bkmedical.com
BK Medical is strengthening its position after been acquired by GE, the current manager Jacob Enemark has taken over the full responsibility for Engineering and need a strong leader to take the software group to the next level. The Engineering department is a matrix organization.
As manager of the software development, you will have the opportunity to participate in an extraordinary culture making great software. You will lead the software division and put your name on some of the world most advanced products within its field. Your work will be appreciated by people all around the globe.
You will be heading the software department within Engineering with focus on the strategically level of project supervision, people management, organisational development, software process development and technology development.
You will be responsible for fulfilling project execution goals with special focus on software and system test as well as effective and efficient software development. With special focus on quality and delivery on time
- Be more compliant with Medico software development
- Retention of people and create and environment where it is both effective and ensure capable and high-spirit employees.
- Continue being more efficient by a mix of using more automation, lean and other methodologies
You will be reporting directly to Head of Engineering, Jacob Enemark, and work closely with stakeholders across departments on a global scale.
Travel up to 20 days is expected.
The Manager is responsible for all aspects of software development within Engineering.
- Overall responsible for development and maintenance of the long-term strategic focus for software development and system testing
- Strategically planning and management of platform, architectural, process and quality goals
- Define and initiate strategically feasibility studies
- Strategically planning and management of offshored of software and System Testing activities
- People management
- Competence development of the group
- Resource management in corporation with RDP
- Department economy
- Member of RD management team
- Member of Steering Committee for some projects
- Sourcing of projects and resources
- Coordination with external partners (technology, business,
- sourcing etc)
- Living our values – coach and motivate
Ideal candidate profile
The tech department consists of truly talented people with very different and unique skillsets and are not settling for less. We therefore require:
- 5+ years professional experience as Engineering Manager, Team Lead or a similar role where you work with people and technology.
- A strategic mindset, a strong problem solver, and a committed leader
- Experience with coaching, mentoring, and growing both senior and junior developers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, automation, and operations
- Track record of delivery.
- You have outstanding communication skills in written and verbal English, as you will be part of a growing international environment, and many of your colleagues will speak in English.
Why you should join BK Medical
BK Medial offers a great work environment where you can develop your own abilities in a culture with state of the art and innovative products (software part). HQ is a great office outside Copenhagen, Herlev. Your salary will be based on experience and competencies.
For more information
Please contact: Managing Partner Christian Rolin, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +45 22 16 27 15 or Research Consultant Carina Stubager, mail: email@example.com or phone +45 40 47 24 67 for more information.