Get the responsibility for some of the worlds most advanced products within its field.
About our client
BK Medical is a global company focused on developing and marketing innovative ultrasound systems, used by clinicians globally. We develop, manufacture, sell and market our products to end customers who are both hospitals and private medical clinics.
The European headquarters are in Herlev, Denmark, where, among others, Engineering, Sales, Finance, Customer Service, RA/Q, Technical Service, Repair Service and part of the Marketing department are based.
Manufacturing takes place inside the BK Medical Organization or at contract manufacturers. Globally the company has approximately 550 employees, of which 140 are based in Herlev and 60 are based in BK Medical’s direct sales offices in DK, Sweden, Germany, Benelux, UK and Italy. BK Medical has sales representatives in the United States and market ultrasound systems in more than 70 countries through professional distribution partners.
BK Medical is a world-leading brand within urology and surgery, and the company’s position is based on close cooperation with the most renowned doctors and universities. This cooperation is vital for BK’s development of ultrasound systems, meeting the constant needs of clinicians for new, innovative diagnostic approaches. The organization focuses on developing the skills and knowledge of employees and is characterized by a professional and informal organization with flexible working conditions.
BK Medical has a flat organizational structure with a very open and informal culture. The employees are committed and skilled, and the company has a strategic focus on maintaining and developing high work standards and business ethics.
Key values for BK Medical:
- We work with great passion and always strive to get to the next level
- We do what we say and say what we do.
- We are open, direct and look out for each other
- We are aware of the basic needs and requirements of our customers. At the same time, we see opportunities instead of limitations
At the European headquarters in Herlev the work atmosphere is casual. They have a good staff canteen, and the chef is focusing on health and variety. They have private health insurance and pension plans as well as social joint events and several staff clubs.
Visit BK Medical’s homepage www.bkmedical.com
BK Medical Leadership Principles:
Business-oriented in all activities
- The customer is the most important
- We take good and fast business decisions
- We seek and cultivate new business opportunities
Focus, execute and communicate
- We make decisions and communicate clearly
- We set the direction through clear goals and execute on time
- We demonstrate the will and ability to make decisions
Organization and staff development
- We are a winning organization with competent employees
- We use our time and resources effectively
- We develop necessary core competencies
- We strengthen, motivate, and develop each other
Visible and current management
- We are visible, present, and inspirational
- We spread energy and dynamism
- We adjust management style to individual situations
BK Medical is strengthening its position after been acquired by American GE (General Electric). Manager Jacob Enemark has been giving the full responsibility for Engineering and is now looking a person who can be part of taking the project portfolio to the next level. The PMO Director will be part of the expected growth and have a significant impact both local and global.
As PMO Director, you will have the opportunity to participate in an extraordinary culture making great solutions in challenging projects. You will lead the PMO and have the responsibility for some of the worlds most advanced products within its field. Your work will be appreciated by people all around the globe.
You will be heading the PMO department within Engineering with focus on:
- Increasing professionalism overall
- Project management (control, KPI, planning executing, visibility on plans, delivery, risks)
- Improving communication throughout the organisation
- Running steering group meetings
- Product Quality Improvement Programs
- Increase the Medico Compliance level
The Engineering division is a matrix organization, but the PMO Director will have a more cross functional role within international line management of program managers and involvement in strategic product road mapping.
You will be responsible for 10-11 people in Denmark and 4 in Pennsylvania USA. With special focus on quality and delivery on time.
- Improving the company’s compliance program within Medico software development
- Retention of people and create an environment where it is effective and high-spirit employees.
- Continue being more efficient by developing state of the art best practice processes.
You will be reporting directly to Head of Engineering, Jacob Enemark, and work closely with stakeholders across departments on a global scale. Travel up to 20 days is expected.
The PMO Director is responsible for all aspects of Project Management within Engineering and other departments.
- Overall responsible for establishing, implement and enforce project portfolio.
- Ensuring the long-term strategic focus for software development and system testing.
- Strategically planning and management of platform, architectural, process and quality goals.
- People management.
- Competence development of the group.
- Department economy.
- Member of Engineering management team.
- Stakeholder management. In this position you will engage and manage a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Living the values of BK Medical
- Coordination with external partners (technology, business, sourcing etc.)
Ideal candidate profile
The Engineering department consists of truly talented people with very different and unique skillsets and are not settling for less. We therefore require:
- 5+ years professional experience within PMO e.g., as Manager / Director, Team Lead or a similar role where you’ve been working with people, project management and technology.
- IPMA B or similar (4-5 years).
- Experienced with coaching, mentoring, and growing both senior and junior project managers and members.
- A strategic mindset, a strong problem solver, and a committed leader.
- Skilled in financial control and budgeting.
- Skilled in prioritizing risk and issues.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle is essential in this position.
- A solid track record of delivery.
- Stakeholder management with strong communication skills.
- Outstanding communication skills in written and verbal English, as you will be part of a growing international environment, and many of your colleagues will speak in English.
- You like working with people management, coaching, and mentoring.
Why you should join BK Medical
BK Medial offers a great work environment where you can develop your own abilities in a culture with state of the art and innovative products. HQ is a great office outside Copenhagen, Herlev. Your salary will be based on experience and competencies.
For more information
Please contact: Managing Partner Christian Rolin, mail: email@example.com or phone +45 22 16 27 15 or Research Consultant Carina Stubager, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +45 40 47 24 67 for more information.