With a 50% market share in Europe and 30% worldwide, there’s a good chance the animals that provide your milk, meat, and wool gathered the nutrition they need from our grass. If you enjoy sport, you may well have seen your favourite team score on a pitch turfed with our grass. And if you like relaxing on your own garden lawn, that too may well have begun life as a sack of our seeds.
DLF is a Danish based seed company founded in 1872, owned by 2600 Danish seed growers through DLF AmbA. With a long-term visionary strategic outlook DLF has become a world market leader within temperate forage and turf seeds. DLF operates within forage and turf seed, sugar and fodder beet seed, seed potatoes and multiplication of vegetable seed – and delivers seeds to more than 100 countries.
DLF employs more than 2200 people across the globe and 40 countries divided in to four regions: Oceania, North America, South America, and Greater Europe. The wide geographical and operational spread offers plenty of opportunities and a variety of career routes.
DLF HQ is moving to a brand-new headquarter mid-2024, Kildedal Bakke station, Smørum. Until then, the position will be based in the current headquarter in Roskilde, together with more than 90 of colleagues from other functions.
Vision and Strategy
DLF´s vision: “DLF offers industry leading, proprietary seed solutions that connect science, innovation and application in support of efficient, sustainable cultivation of our planet”.
DLF´s strategy is value driven and strives to deliver value through science, operational excellence and embracing people and culture.
For DLF it is essential to continue the value creation by understanding the end-users needs and with a leading research and development program in sustainable and green crops of the future – we need to ensure the development of proprietary products to address these needs.
Additionally, a focus on moving seeds from fields to customers efficiently and securing and developing operational excellence. This focus supports the utilization of the scale and capabilities of a unique supply chain.
In DLF we are conscious about the key role our people play in our success and continuous development and growth. Therefore, the attention is on ensuring the right people in the right place and promoting the new DLF generation. This by enhancing “Seedsmanship” and letting talent drive the business.
DLF has been on a growth journey from a Danish Grass Seed Producer to now being a Global Seed Company.
Since the beginning of DLF´s global presence, the company has increased both in numbers of employees, market shares and portfolio – the growth has primarily been driven by M&A´s. The growth and development are expected to continue. The growth agenda is emphasized by the fact that the aim is to continue acquisitions on a global scale, thus the number of subsidiaries will continue to grow.
Agriculture and landscapes are highly exposed to climate changes, as farming activities and green areas directly depend on climatic conditions. DLF breeding and product development has optimized grass varieties ideal to local climatic and environmental conditions.
By increasing resilience to changing factors such as disease pressure, severe drought and flooding situations, DLF has succeeded in meeting the requirements for future production. Through dedicated plant breeding, our breeders are delivering solutions for more sustainable land use across the world’s temperate climate zones.
We constantly strive to improve our top-quality varieties of grass, clover and alfalfa to support our customers increase their outputs and playing hours, reduce their inputs, and simplify the management of their green spaces. These are all sustainable solutions.
In 2021 we developed, with involvement of both employees and leaders, a set of global values. The four values serve as a common foundation for the continues journey of growth and globalization, that DLF is on.
The values reflect what is important for DLF as a business and as an organization – what we can expect from each other and others can expect from DLF.
IT in DLF
IT in DLF is a global organization, consisting of different teams: IT Infrastructure, Business Support (3 time zones), head of PMO, project staff and IT Security.
In IT we support the “do business local” agility of our organization. We are not haunted by old legacy systems and have migrated to Microsoft Azure and there is no local application in need of maintenance.
Our application infrastructure is simplified and easy to work with. We are moving towards a more centralized strategy enforcing a mindset of being IT business partners. The IT organization is flat and agile, and we are all to some degree hands-on regardless of titles and responsibilities and are therefore highly dependent on outsourcing.
We are working towards more ‘Modern Workplace’ ways of working involving digitalization, self-service, collaboration, and technology to support this journey.
Security is a highly prioritized area for IT and top management priority, and therefore has a specific owner. DLF have an agreement / close cooperation with a consultant company (CSIS) advising them and supporting us them this area.
The IT Department at characterized with a high degree of maturity willingness to invest where it makes sense.
Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for an Infrastructure Architect to join a skilled IT architecture and technology team delivering and operating our global IT infrastructure. You will be working with our Enterprise IT infrastructure and Framework as well as our IT Data Center, server, and network systems. You will participate in evaluating, identifying, and specifying IT innovations and installations. You will identify best practice and ensure Infrastructure integrations for current and future implementations. You will work cross functional with regional IT Managers, internal IT department, application teams and service desk functions to ensure professional and prompt assistance, service, and deliveries.
We are looking for a forward-leaning, quality- and delivery-oriented IT Infrastructure architect to be part of a global delivery of the company IT infrastructure. As a person you have an eye for detail and takes pride in delivering high quality. You are a team-player who thrive in a fast-growing company with a global mindset. Being proactive and flexible, you are able to handle changes and at times fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders. Moreover, you have strong analytical skills with a problem-solving mindset and high intellectual curiosity.
You will report to Bruno Westergaard, Head of Global Infrastructure.
We expect you to have a Danish work and residence permit.
In brief the IT Infrastructure Architect will have the following responsibilities:
- Facilitating the architecture and maturation of new initiatives across design and enterprise grade IT Infrastructure and Framework.
- Driving architectural assessments and analyses as part of future designs for approval.
- Operating and expanding current Enterprise IT Infrastructure architecture, with IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, servers, and network – this in collaboration with external partners.
- Delivering a technical, secure, stable and an agile Infrastructure according to best- and company practice.
- Participating in the Global IT Infrastructure in daily IT charges of operations with support. change- and problem management. Guide and engage in execution of performance and availability of IT infrastructure systems, services, and deliveries.
Ideal candidate profile
- Some years of experience from a global matrix organization in HQ would be ideal.
- An IT educational background and minimum +3 years exposure to the architecture discipline through past job experience – or equivalent experience.
- Love to work with technical and organizational challenges and bridging the technical and business side of solutions.
- Thrive driving structure, standardization, and formalizing procedures.
- Have some exposure to Infrastructure as code including PowerShell, Json/Bicep. General understanding of network and firewalls.
- Have an understanding for IT Enterprise, cloud concepts and architecture and strategy.
- Danish and English in writing and speech.
- Good mentoring skills and solid relationship builder.
- Enterprise scale experience with Azure cloud and some practical experience e.g. deploying servers.
- Knowledge of DevOps.
- Analytical skills with a problem-solving attitude.
- Availability to travel to the different sites in across the globe but primary within Europe – approximately 30 days per year.
Why you should join
You will be based in our headquarters in Roskilde with flexibility to work from home.
- You will become a part of a global IT organization on an exciting journey towards a more agile setup.
- You will be delivering on our IT strategy within Modern Microsoft Frame, including Azure and Modern Workplace
- You will be empowered as an employee and work closely with the business to implement the IT strategy.
How to come into consideration
Peoplement offers executive search and recruitment of executives, senior managers and key specialists within IT, general management, sales, digital, marketing, finance, supply chain & operations, HR.