Every day billions of people come into contact with Bühler technologies to cover their basic needs for food and mobility. We strive for innovations for a better world, with a special focus on healthy, safe, and sustainable solutions. We contribute significantly to feeding the world’s population while setting the focus on food security and safety. Our solutions and technologies enable efficient and clean mobility.
As a leading technology group, Bühler invests up to 5% of its turnover every year in research and development. In 2022 around 12,700 employees in over 140 countries generated a turnover of CHF 3.0 billion. As a globally active Swiss family-owned company, we are particularly committed to sustainability. We want our customers to be successful. We want every human being to have access to healthy food. We want to protect the climate with energy-efficient cars, buildings, and machinery.
Haas-Meincke A/S and Business Unit (BU) Biscuit is part of the Grains & Food Division of the Bühler Group. The BU has its HQ in Copenhagen and acts as an independent manufacturer and distributor of baking machinery. The company operates worldwide with its own sales companies and assembly sites in Europe, the Far East, and South America. The company executes approx. 100+ projects per year from three main engineering and assembly sites.
Please read more on: www.buhlergroup.com.
The Head of Finance of BU Biscuit will be responsible for the Finance and IT departments in Denmark. The departments consist of nine employees with three direct reports to the Head of Finance as follows:
- IT Support
- Head of Accounting
- Department manager accounting
- Head of Controlling
- 3 Accountants
- 2 Controllers + 1 student assistant in controlling
In total 7 FTE in Finance, Accounting & Controlling team; 1 FTE in ITO team.
The new Head of Finance will be overall responsible for driving, managing, and developing the Finance function of the Business Unit Biscuit, and in particular ensuring that it proactively supports the business with a focus on controlling, reliable reporting, KPIs, etc. The Head of Finance will also be responsible for the IT department.
The business model of Bühler, the Division Consumer Foods, and the Business Unit Biscuit, is project-based. Therefore, the Head of Finance must understand the financials of such projects. He/she is a proactive business partner with an established capacity to challenge and question the operations, customer deliveries/projects, numbers, and results. The new Head of Finance will work as a professional and commercially minded sparring partner for the Business Unit Head, management colleagues, and the business. Furthermore, the new Head of Finance must actively ensure that the strategy is supported by Finance and that the department has the right competencies, tools, and processes at all times.
The position as Head of Finance will appeal to the candidate, who manages to see the future growth perspectives and wants to enter a key position within the Bühler Group where development, execution, and reliable numbers are important elements.
- Ensure timely, accurate, and transparent monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting, both within the Group and towards external authorities.
- Manage the activities of the company such as monthly reporting, annual accounts, tax planning, cash management, financing, etc.
- Ensure a detailed and thorough understanding of projects, their progress, turnover, gross margin, and contribution to EBIT.
- Establish and improve processes allowing for transparently monitoring project progress, status, and results contribution by closely cooperating with Project Execution and other departments.
- Act as strategic and operational business partner to the Business Unit Head.
- Define, measure, and further develop KPIs and the overall reporting system.
- Further development and digitalization of processes, structures, and tools to elevate the daily level of finance and accounting.
- Proactively and regularly evaluate short- and long-term strategic financial targets.
- Provide recommendations to the management and the business on the financial consequences of business activities.
- Contribute to financial growth by establishing transparency in the profitability of services and projects.
- Risk management.
- Ensure efficient internal controls and compliance with current legislation and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Ensure that the right finance and IT competencies are present to support the business in the long term.
- Part of the BU Biscuit management team.
- The profile is hands-on by nature – but has a good understanding of involving others and letting others take over when needed.
- Key contact to auditor, bank, and lawyers in Denmark.
The ideal Candidate
Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Economics and Business Administration, Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Business Economics and Auditing, Graduate Diploma (HD) in Business Administration and Accounting, or corresponding.
Experience / Professional Competencies
We are searching for an experienced, hands-on, and proactive Head of Finance with a strong business understanding and solid financial experience from an international production company, ideally in the project business. – The capability to securely navigate within a complex matrix environment is a must.
The ideal candidate has experience with the following:
- Must be able to embrace the entire accounting and financial reporting palette – comes with a wide and relevant “toolbox” that he/she can use in relation to the challenges and the development that the BU Biscuit is facing – including reporting according to IFSR standards.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and less-than-perfect situations, analyzing and improving along the way. Pragmatic, solutions-oriented mindset.
- Strong understanding of the business and the financials driving the business. The right candidate comes with experience from managing and developing a finance function at a sound professional level with hands-on experience and approach.
- Experience from an international production company – global project-based, engineered-to-order.
- Experience with group reporting and working in an international set-up or a matrix organization.
- Used to being a financial and business sparring partner for management colleagues; used to professional reporting and to preparing board material.
- Experienced IT user including the MS Office Suite – particularly Excel; good knowledge of ERP (Bühler Group works with SAP).
- Solid knowledge of financial controlling and reporting tools – has demonstrated ability to tie together finance, business, and processes – “strong at reporting”.
- Appreciates the importance of getting into the details, to build solid ground for analysis and decisions.
- Experienced in optimization and driving transparent finance processes.
- A good communicator – spoken and in writing – in Danish and English.
Why you should join Haas-Meincke
• Attractive salary package and pension scheme.
• Flexible working time.
• Be part of a Global Finance Team.
• Get in touch with our Bühler Spirit.
• Health insurance.
• And last but not least: a number of committed colleagues.
Apply: please follow this link.
For more information
Please contact: Partner Birgitte OIrik, Peoplement Executive Search;
mail: email@example.com or phone +45 5150 1303 for more information.
Peoplement offers executive search and recruitment of executives, senior managers and key specialists within general management, sales, digital, marketing, finance, supply chain & operations, HR and IT.
Peoplement Denmark is the exclusive representative of AltoPartners, a leading international alliance of retained boutique entrepreneurial executive search and leadership consulting firms.
DK 2900 Hellerup, Denmark