With a 50% market share in Europe and 30% worldwide, there’s a good chance the animals that provide your milk, meat, and wool gathered the nutrition they need from our grass. If you enjoy sport, you may well have seen your favourite team score on a pitch turfed with our grass. And if you like relaxing on your own garden lawn, that too may well have begun life as a sack of our seeds.
DLF is a Danish based seed company founded in 1872, owned by 2600 Danish seed growers through DLF AmbA. With a long-term visionary strategic outlook DLF has become a world market leader within temperate forage and turf seeds. DLF operates within forage and turf seed, sugar and fodder beet seed, seed potatoes and multiplication of vegetable seed – and delivers seeds to more than 100 countries.
DLF employs more than 2200 people across the globe and 40 countries divided in to four regions: Oceania, North America, South America, and Greater Europe. The wide geographical and operational spread offers plenty of opportunities and a variety of career routes.
DLF HQ is moving to a brand-new headquarter mid-2024, Kildedal Bakke station, Smørum. Until then, the position will be based in the current headquarter in Roskilde, together with more than 90 of colleagues from other functions.
Vision and Strategy
DLF´s vision: “DLF offers industry leading, proprietary seed solutions that connect science, innovation and application in support of efficient, sustainable cultivation of our planet”.
DLF´s strategy is value driven and strives to deliver value through science, operational excellence and embracing people and culture.
For DLF it is essential to continue the value creation by understanding the end-users needs and with a leading research and development programme in sustainable and green crops of the future – we need to ensure the development of proprietary products to address these needs.
Additionally a focus on moving seeds from fields to customers efficiently and securing and developing operational excellence. This focus supports the utilization of the scale and capabilities of a unique supply chain.
In DLF we are conscious about the key role our people play in our success and continuous development and growth. Therefore the attention is on ensuring the right people in the right place and promoting the new DLF generation. This by enhancing “Seedsmanship” and letting talent drive the business.
DLF has been on a growth journey from a Danish Grass Seed Producer to now being a Global Seed Company.
Since the beginning of DLF´s global presence, the company has increased both in numbers of employees, market shares and portfolio – the growth has primarily been driven by M&A´s. The growth and development is expected to continue. The growth agenda is emphasized by the fact that the aim is to continue acquisitions on a global scale, thus the number of subsidiaries will continue to grow.
Agriculture and landscapes are highly exposed to climate changes, as farming activities and green areas directly depend on climatic conditions. DLF breeding and product development has optimized grass varieties ideal to local climatic and environmental conditions.
By increasing resilience to changing factors such as disease pressure, severe drought and flooding situations, DLF has succeeded in meeting the requirements for future production. Through dedicated plant breeding, our breeders are delivering solutions for more sustainable land use across the world’s temperate climate zones.
We constantly strive to improve our top-quality varieties of grass, clover and alfalfa to support our customers increase their outputs and playing hours, reduce their inputs, and simplify the management of their green spaces. These are all sustainable solutions.
In 2021 we developed, with involvement of both employees and leaders, a set of global values. The four values serve as a common foundation for the continues journey of growth and globalization, that DLF is on.
The values reflect what is important for DLF as a business and as an organization – what we can expect from each other and others can expect from DLF.
IT in DLF
The IT organization in DLF is global and consist of the functions: IT Infrastructure, Business Partnering, IT support (3 time zones), Apps Deployment, IT Security and Project Staff – and now adding a PMO. Currently we are all to some degree hands-on regardless of titles and responsibilities.
As with DLF in general, the IT organization is on a transition journey, where changes are part of our everyday life. In the coming years we will have a focus on increasing the robustness of our IT platform by implementing a number of strategically important projects, in order to absorb the anticipated growth in a safe and efficient way.
As a starting point on this path, we are working towards a ‘Modern Workplace’ – way of working involving digitalization, self-service, collaboration, and technology. The aim is also to enhance a mindset of global IT business partnering.
We have migrated to Microsoft Azure and our application infrastructure is simplified and easy to work with. Security is a highly prioritized area for IT and top management, and DLF has an agreement / close cooperation with CSIS supporting us in this area.
Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for a IT Project Manager who will be scoping, overseeing, and running a high-profile R&D IT project to ensure the business unit it integrated into DLF and can be supported by global R&D IT systems. You will start out with a project involving DLF’s R&D’s breeding database involving creating a secure and scalable RD platform based on a consulting report.
Key stakeholders are appointed R&D representatives, IT Global Leadership team and global IT vendors.
We are looking for a profile experienced in navigating in an engineering culture with specialists and who can handle many different stakeholders. You are able to set direction and are experienced with change management as well as scoping and running IT related projects. You have a track record of delivering on similar projects knowing how to approach this type of project.
The IT Project Manager ensures all project members uphold the company’s standards throughout each project’s development and execution and that all the processes, operations, quality of deliverables are managed efficiently.
As a person you have a proven track record of project management skills. You are experienced in navigating at all levels of the organisation and manage different stakeholders, using your strong communication and interpersonal skills. You work with a sense of urgency and have a proactive and independent approach to tasks and challenges. A fast-paced setting motivates you and you thrive having multiple projects ongoing simultaneously. With a flair for quality and technicalities, you ensure a high quality in your deliverables. The tasks will not always be defined in detail which requires you to break them down into separate deliverables with deadlines and responsible parties defined.
You will report to VP & Global IT Director Morten Sørensen.
We expect you to have a Danish work and residence permit.
In brief the IT Project Manager will have the following responsibilities:
Main responsibilities: (70%)
- Develop roadmap for the R&D Integration Project with the R&D Tech lead
- Responsible for the projects in the roadmap
- Ensure risk assessments are done across the project
- Ensure projects are progressing within quality, budget and timeline
- Ensure well balanced portfolio of projects with sufficient resource allocation and utilization
- 3rd party vendor management including resource allocation, progress, quality, etc.
Infrastructure PM (30%)
- Implement efficient project portfolio management in Group IT Infrastructure, including:
- Prioritize, plan, coordinate, and report on activities across IT infrastructure in close collaboration with the Group IT Infrastructure Manager
- Project management for larger infrastructure projects in the portfolio across the full project lifecycle from project initiation to completion
- 3rd party vendor management including resource allocation, progress, quality, etc.
- Progress of the projects
- Milestones being achieved on time or not
- Status of the deliverables
Ideal candidate profile
- Some years of experience from a global matrix organization in HQ would be ideal
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business or related field
- Experience managing an IT Portfolio or Project Management Office
- Project management certification and documented experience in project management for IT related projects
- Excellent project management skills
- Capable of running multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience managing external partner relationships and contract staff
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to speak and write about. technical issues for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to set and meet goals, asses’ resource needs, develop schedules, monitor and communicate status, and develop processes and procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Azure DevOps
- Experienced in navigating at all levels of the organisation and manage different stakeholders
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Work with a high sense of urgency
- Has a proactive and independent approach to tasks and challenges
- Good at stakeholder and change management
- Thrives and is motivated in a fast-paced environment
- Flair for quality and technicalities
Why you should join
You will be based in our headquarters in Roskilde with flexibility to work from home also.
- You will be part of flat and agile global IT organization.
- You will have a very important role in both R&D and IT strategy.
- You will be empowered as an employee er and work closely with the business to implement the strategy / project.
How to come into consideration
Peoplement offers executive search and recruitment of executives, senior managers and key specialists within IT, general management, sales, digital, marketing, finance, supply chain & operations, HR.