Exciting career opportunity within a Global Life Style Brand & Retailer company – headquarter based in Jylland and/or remote CPH office
On behalf of our client, a premium retail lifestyle brand, designing, producing and selling on the global market, with headquarter in Jylland, Denmark, we are looking to hire a Product Portfolio Director. The position is newly created and has direct reference to the Chief Product Officer in the Group.
The company wishes to further develop and professionalize the product life cycle and continuously optimize and shape the collection structure as well as developing and implementing consumer value-based pricing globally.
The Product Portfolio Director will be responsible for all product categories and be part of the global product team, who manage and execute all deliverables within design, product development, creative sourcing and visual merchandising. The product team consists of highly skilled and motivated colleagues who strive to deliver great products and drive business growth – always with high standards in product quality and a commercial mindset.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Part of setting the strategic direction for the product portfolio
- Gain insights from product performance reviews and ensure corrections and prioritization accordingly in close collaboration with Marketing and Retail functions
- Develop relevant analysis to identify gaps and future opportunities in collaboration with the Finance business partner
- Translate the strategy into a tactical product portfolio roadmap that visualizes each category’s progress towards business objectives
- Partner with the Head of Design and Product Development on delivering against the defined category targets on newness development
- Conduct market research to understand consumer needs and make data-driven strategic decisions on risks and opportunities
- Own the Product-to-Market Process, set clear timelines and drive cross-functional deliverables and bring clear perspective on launch targets and -timing
- Set targets on product sustainability and drive cross-functional projects to deliver upon targets
- Further develop the pricing architecture and manage the phased implementation across regions
This role can be located remotely in Copenhagen, or at our global headquarter, one hour drive from Århus, Denmark (if Copenhagen-based there will frequent travel to HQ)
Ideal candidate profile
Relevant candidates for this role should have, and can demonstrate, the following:
- Several years of experience working with retail brands
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or similar
- Experience within Product Management or Product Merchandising
- Demonstrated results in defining consumer pricing strategy and well as the roll-out across regions
- Project Management and proven record within change management as well as leading without authority is highly preferred
- Analytical mindset and experience in setting up analysis and conclude on insights
- Strategic planning skills
- Strong communication skills and great understanding of the entire value chain
For more information
Peoplement offers executive search and recruitment of executives, senior managers and key specialists within general management, sales, digital, marketing, finance, supply chain & operations, HR and IT.
Peoplement Denmark is the exclusive representative of AltoPartners, a leading international alliance of retained boutique entrepreneurial executive search and leadership consulting firms.
DK 2900 Hellerup, Denmark