International Sales Manager
Quantum Machines (QM) is a company developing and commercializing systems and components for quantum computing. Established in 2018, QM is the leading provider of qubit-agnostic quantum control and operation systems, providing the world’s cutting-edge researchers and organizations with the critical tools needed to develop practical quantum computers.
QM is backed by globally recognized venture capital sponsors, including TLV Partners, Battery Ventures, Red Dot Capital Partners, Avigdor Willenz’s investment group, and Harel Insurance. The company is highly successful and doubled its revenue last year and is expected to do so again in 2023.
QM has a global reach of +300 customers in 23 countries across government, universities, and cooperations. Harvard University, Caltech, and Niels Bohr Institute are among QM’s customers, and customers typically have physicists and a Ph.D. background.
QM employs an interdisciplinary team of physicists and engineers of over 80 in Israel, Denmark, France, Germany, Canada, and the United States. The company has seen rapid expansion over the past year. As part of QM’s strategy to grow and establish a solid home base in Europe, QM acquired the Danish company QDevil in 2022. QDevil (established in 2016) is a developer and producer of electronic instruments and parts specialized in quantum electronics research. Both companies leverage expertise in quantum technology and talent in quantum electronics and specialized components.
QM plans to expand and grow the team in Copenhagen over the coming years to continue to deliver revolutionary technology within quantum computing.
This is where you come into the picture…
Sales Management Team
You will join a young sales team of 4 sales managers and a back-office coordinator (TBH).
Some team members are in their first sales role and leverage their scientific background to connect with the customers and their applications and advise them towards the correct solutions.
We act as advisors more than traditional salespersons, selling complex scientific products for material research, physics laboratories, quantum computing companies, and similar purposes. The customer base is worldwide, but mainly in Europe and North America. The typical customers are Universities, start-ups, large corporations, and government agencies wanting to leverage quantum technology to perform complex computations using qubits, the fundamental units of quantum information in research.
The team is young, learning about market needs and working closely with technically skilled product management and marketing colleagues. Sales are made via different channels, from conferences to calls to visiting the customers’ labs. The typical sales cycle varies and often depends upon customer funding opportunities.
For the right candidate, it is an opportunity to strongly influence the sales team and how we work, the products’ sales, and the company’s future growth.
The International Sales Manager will report to Lars Damgaard Løjkner, Director of Sales Quantum Electronics.
Role & Responsibilities
Your focus will be driving account management on existing customers. The main accounts are universities, and start-ups, accounting for most of the current sales.
The customers often have some knowledge of quantum computing, and there is a substantial inbound pipeline to the current business. You will provide value to existing customers, working on understanding needs and proving the benefits and possibilities with QM’s current and future products. You will be able to influence how to sell and develop partner relationships.
There is a close collaboration with the customers, as they are often in a proof-of-concept stage where they are testing if the technology can give them the research and process advantages they are looking for in their projects and the laboratory. You will be engaging with different decision makers/users, such as laboratory management and physicists, and will, depending on your background, be supported by the product management team.
You will have the flexibility to plan your time and workday and will work closely with your colleagues in the engineering team and product development.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Direct sales to customers in Europe, North America, and Asia via email, teleconference, phone, and sometimes traveling.
- Building personal relationships with customers.
- Working with QM’s customers to understand their needs and advise them on the best solutions.
- Working with our sales pipeline, using a systematic sales process.
- Participation in conference exhibitions.
- 4-8 weeks of traveling per year, visiting university laboratories, tradeshows, etc., to promote quantum technology.
- Providing feedback from customers to operations and product R&D.
- MSc or Ph.D. in engineering, physics, or similar.
- Perfect English writing skills for written communication with customers
It’ll be an advantage if you have:
- Experience with selling to laboratories or understanding an academic research process.
- Experience with international B2B sales of high-tech electronics, preferably to scientists or other highly technical customers.
- Experience with dilution refrigerators or other cryogenic technologies.
As a person you:
- Enjoy building personal relationships with customers.
- Are good at understanding complex scientific products.
- Are good at working independently and getting things done.
- Thrive working as part of a team, building good relationships with colleagues.
- Enjoy a high pace and have a structured approach toward your tasks.
- Communicate fluently in English, both orally and in writing, and being fluent in Danish is an advantage.
- Live in the Copenhagen area and have a valid work & resident permit for Denmark.
What Quantum Machines offers
Quantum Machines offer an international, diverse, and innovative culture with passionate and highly skilled people. You will be working from their office in Copenhagen, with plans to move to new offices.
QM offers all employees stock options in Quantum Machines. They also provide 25 days of holiday per year, with an extra five days (ferie fridage), plus five recharge days.
QM offers a pension scheme with health insurance.
Last but not least: Excellent coffee! A high-performance team deserves high-quality coffee!
How to come into consideration
Please get in touch with Partner Anne Borgen by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +45 6169 0101 for more information. Or contact Associate Recruitment Partner Bettina Bakhauge by mail at email@example.com or by phone at +45 29 68 46 89.
You can apply for the position using this link.
Peoplement offers executive search and recruitment of executives, senior managers and key specialists within general management, sales, digital, marketing, finance, supply chain & operations, HR and IT.
Peoplement Denmark is the exclusive representative of AltoPartners, a leading international alliance of retained boutique entrepreneurial executive search and leadership consulting firms.
DK 2900 Hellerup, Denmark