With a 50% market share in Europe and 30% worldwide, there’s a good chance the animals that provide your milk, meat, and wool gathered the nutrition they need from our grass. If you enjoy sport, you may well have seen your favourite team score on a pitch turfed with our grass. And if you like relaxing on your own garden lawn, that too may well have begun life as a sack of our seeds.
DLF is a Danish based seed company founded in 1872, owned by 2600 Danish seed growers through DLF AmbA. With a long-term visionary strategic outlook DLF has become a world market leader within temperate forage and turf seeds. DLF operates within forage and turf seed, sugar and fodder beet seed, seed potatoes and multiplication of vegetable seed – and delivers seeds to more than 100 countries.
DLF employs more than 2200 people across the globe and 40 countries divided in to four regions: Oceania, North America, South America, and Greater Europe. The wide geographical and operational spread offers plenty of opportunities and a variety of career routes.
DLF HQ is moving to a brand-new headquarter mid-2024, Kildedal Bakke station, Smørum. Until then, the position will be based in the current headquarter in Roskilde, together with more than 90 of colleagues from other functions.
Vision and Strategy
DLF´s vision: “DLF offers industry leading, proprietary seed solutions that connect science, innovation and application in support of efficient, sustainable cultivation of our planet”.
DLF´s strategy is value driven and strives to deliver value through science, operational excellence and embracing people and culture.
For DLF it is essential to continue the value creation by understanding the end-users needs and with a leading research and development programme in sustainable and green crops of the future – we need to ensure the development of proprietary products to address these needs.
Additionally a focus on moving seeds from fields to customers efficiently and securing and developing operational excellence. This focus supports the utilization of the scale and capabilities of a unique supply chain.
In DLF we are conscious about the key role our people play in our success and continuous development and growth. Therefore the attention is on ensuring the right people in the right place and promoting the new DLF generation. This by enhancing “Seedsmanship” and letting talent drive the business.
DLF has been on a growth journey from a Danish Grass Seed Producer to now being a Global Seed Company.
Since the beginning of DLF´s global presence, the company has increased both in numbers of employees, market shares and portfolio – the growth has primarily been driven by M&A´s. The growth and development is expected to continue. The growth agenda is emphasized by the fact that the aim is to continue acquisitions on a global scale, thus the number of subsidiaries will continue to grow.
Agriculture and landscapes are highly exposed to climate changes, as farming activities and green areas directly depend on climatic conditions. DLF breeding and product development has optimized grass varieties ideal to local climatic and environmental conditions.
By increasing resilience to changing factors such as disease pressure, severe drought and flooding situations, DLF has succeeded in meeting the requirements for future production. Through dedicated plant breeding, our breeders are delivering solutions for more sustainable land use across the world’s temperate climate zones.
We constantly strive to improve our top-quality varieties of grass, clover and alfalfa to support our customers increase their outputs and playing hours, reduce their inputs, and simplify the management of their green spaces. These are all sustainable solutions.
In 2021 we developed, with involvement of both employees and leaders, a set of global values. The four values serve as a common foundation for the continues journey of growth and globalization, that DLF is on.
The values reflect what is important for DLF as a business and as an organization – what we can expect from each other and others can expect from DLF.
IT in DLF
The IT organization in DLF is global and consist of the functions: IT Infrastructure, Business Partnering, IT support (3 time zones), Apps Deployment, IT Security and Project Staff – and now adding a PMO. Currently we are all to some degree hands-on regardless of titles and responsibilities.
As with DLF in general, the IT organization is on a transition journey, where changes are part of our everyday life. In the coming years we will have a focus on increasing the robustness of our IT platform by implementing a number of strategically important projects, in order to absorb the anticipated growth in a safe and efficient way.
As a starting point on this path, we are working towards a ‘Modern Workplace’ – way of working involving digitalization, self-service, collaboration, and technology. The aim is also to enhance a mindset of global IT business partnering.
We have migrated to Microsoft Azure and our application infrastructure is simplified and easy to work with. Security is a highly prioritized area for IT and top management, and DLF has an agreement / close cooperation with CSIS supporting us in this area.
Role & Responsibilities
The PMO position is new in the DLF group and will allow and request you to establish and roll out a global PMO framework and operating model supporting IT strategy and projects. This position will play a key role in ensuring and setting direction for the Global IT´s continued development. We are therefore in great need of a Head of PMO who can contribute to creating an overview and prioritization of current and future IT projects and tasks – and create and guide the way to a more agile and scalable setup.
The overall goal for the position is to secure high quality of project execution and drive a more agile IT organization that can adjust to changes quickly and at the same time plan ahead in regards to resources.
We expect you to have a strong tool box to build the PMO function in DLF from scratch.
Over time we see the PMO takes the global management of project leaders and SME’s across the entire DLF IT group.
You will join a forward-leaning, quality- and delivery-oriented IT department and be overall responsible for the global delivery of DLF´s IT projects. You will become a part of an IT-Management team consisting of 6 leaders covering IT Infrastructure, Business Support (3 time zones), Head of PMO, Project staff and IT Security and report to the VP and IT Group Director.
We expect you to have a Danish work and residence permit.
In brief the Head of PMO have the following responsibilities:
- Creation of a more agile and scalable environment.
- Establish and define best practice for projects: prioritization, planning, reporting, steering groups, etc.
- Lead and collaborate with a virtual team in all regions, a mix of internal and external project managers (6-8 people).
- Oversee IT projects and ensure they are completed on time and within budget.
- Ensure that all team members uphold the company’s standards throughout each project’s development and execution and ensure all the processes, operations, risk management & quality of deliverables are managed efficiently.
- Stakeholder management. In this position you will engage and manage a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Secure efficient resource utilization both with internal resources as external resources.
Ideal candidate profile
- Some years of experience from a global matrix organization in HQ would be ideal.
- 5+ years professional experience within PMO e.g., as Manager, Team Lead or a similar role where you’ve been working with people, project management and technology.
- Knowledge of PMI, IPMA B or similar.
- You like working with people management and is experienced within coaching, mentoring, and growing both senior and junior project managers and team members.
- A strategic mindset, a strong problem solver, and a committed leader.
- Skilled in financial control and budgeting.
- Skilled in prioritizing risk and issues.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices.
- A solid track record of delivery.
- Stakeholder management with strong communication and presentation skills.
- Outstanding communication skills in written and verbal English, as you will be part of a growing international environment, and many of your colleagues will speak in English.
- As a person you have an eye for detail and takes pride in delivering high quality and on time.
- You are a team-player who thrive in a fast-growing company with a global mindset.
- Being proactive and flexible, you are able to handle changes and a times fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders.
Why you should join
You will be based in our headquarters in Roskilde with flexibility to work from home also.
- You will have direct influence on the PMO strategy.
- You will be part of flat and global IT organization.
- You will be delivering on our IT strategy and projects worldwide.
- You will be empowered as an employee and work closely with the business.
How to come into consideration
Peoplement offers executive search and recruitment of executives, senior managers and key specialists within IT, general management, sales, digital, marketing, finance, supply chain & operations, HR.