JOE & the JUICE
JOE & the JUICE has become one of the most successful start-up cases in Danish retail industry. From the beginning in 2002 and until today the company has grown from a simple bar in Copenhagen serving juice, coffee and sandwiches to a global brand with a unique passion for their employees, products and automatic processes.
As a Harvard professor once told us: “Are JOE & THE JUICE an IT company selling juice?”
JOE & the JUICE has through the years developed their own in-house ERP system, and multiple different apps that supports the organization globally (Live Financial Reporting App, Store Rating App, Joe App, Joe POS). All internally developed and highly acknowledged by Harvard Business School, General Atlantic, Valedo and many more.
Founded in 2002 the rapidly expanding company now has 330 stores with 8000+ employees in more than 20 countries.
- Established: 2002.
- Head office: Østergade 26A, 3 100 Copenhagen K. Denmark.
- Ownership: Since 2013, Sweden-based Valedo is taken over the majority stake in JOE & the JUICE while Kaspar Basse, the previous owner will retain 10% of the shares. General Atlantic invested in 2016 to secure expansion into the U.S.
- Employees: Approx. 8000.
- Annual revenues: Approx. 400 million USD.
- Production: 330 stores in Scandinavia, Europe, US – as well as Hong Kong, Singapore, Seol and Sydney.
- Portfolio: Juice, coffee and sandwich shop.
Read more about our client: www.joejuice.com
JOE & the JUICE is now executing a new expansion plan for the chain in new market / countries, which by 2025 will have up to 600 stores globally, doubling revenue and delivering positive cash flow. In the long run, JOE & THE JUICE should grow organically by 20 percent. per year. If the plans succeed, an IPO within the next few years is an obvious option.
To continue expanding JOE & the JUICE needs the best of the best IT backbone powered by a rock-solid technology foundation. Focusing is on the largest current markets: Europe, New York City, Miami, Chicago and San Francisco. Along with store openings, growth must be increased by a greater rate of digitization. More must order through JOE & the JUICE’s own app, and partnerships with delivery platforms must be optimized.
The Corporate IT Team
The Corporate IT Team is a part of the Tech Department an agile team that cherishes the “walk-the-talk” approach to continually improve processes, architectures, and tech stacks in an environment that fosters learning, experimentation, and growth.
The Corporate IT team runs the operationally system globally, with a focus of automating repetitive work. The team is working closely with our in-house software engineering teams & product owners to create the baseline for the first F&B brand to truly run using a unified system globally.
The company strive to remove repetitive tasks such as shift planning, inventory-management and simplify workflows in their stores to create a lean in-store experience. JOE & the JUICE is focused on the intelligence surrounding the “JOE experience” so that guests do not notice it besides the convenience and engagement.
In short – the team is the foundation of what makes JOE & the JUICE run from a tech point of view, covering MDM of devices in-stores & offices. The team is in close dialog with development teams to support & improve the in-house point of sales system and kitchen display system. Full ownership of the applications allows them to gamify performance and simplify their operational workflow by taking away the complexity of handling delivery partners, to stay and take away customers in the production workflow. The system contains all aspects of shift planning, KPI dashboards, worldwide POS and KDS, HR tools, payroll, procurement, VAT/Sales, TAX, allergies, inventory management, and much more. Onboarding and training is handled through integrated DocuSign flows an in-house training platform with learning material and performance registration.
As Head of IT, you will have the opportunity to participate in an extraordinary culture enduring a global expansion. You will lead the IT division and put your name on a platform driving one of the fastest growing retail businesses in the world. Your work will not only be appreciated by people all around the globe, but you will also be in the spotlight of investors at General Atlantic who has stakes in well-known companies like Uber, Snapchat og AirBnB.
You will be reporting directly to the CTO Nicolai Schnack and work closely with stakeholders across departments on a global scale.
- Ensuring the stability and scalability of the company’s technical infrastructure.
- Software & hardware vendor management related to our IT setup.
- Managing and leading the IT team.
- Developing and implementing IT policies and procedures.
- Ensuring the security and integrity of the company’s data and networks.
- Identifying and implementing new technologies and solutions to improve the company’s technical capabilities.
- Collaborating with other departments to identify and address technology-related needs and opportunities.
Key Success Factors
The new Head of IT will overall be measured by her/his ability to perform on the following key elements:
- Scale it-support organization to meet organizational needs.
- Strengthen IT Security through baseline measures given by CIS controls & similar.
- Scaled service levels to support an agile franchise expansion setup.
- Created an overall perception that IT is a value-add department through the agility & flexibility it is providing.
Ideal candidate profile
The tech department consists of truly talented people with very different and unique skillsets and is not settling for less. We therefore require:
- Previous experience running an IT & Support department.
- You are proficient creating technical documentation.
- You are proficient scoping out solutions for cloud architecture.
- Experience with CIS Controls & PCI Compliance.
- Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills and a track record of delivery.
- You have outstanding communication skills in written and verbal English, as you will be part of a growing international environment, and many of your colleagues will speak in English.
- You live in Copenhagen, or you are willing to relocate to Copenhagen.
- Educational background preferably within IT/computer science engineering/operation (at BA or MA level).
- You must expect app. 40 days of travel activity per year.
The ideal candidate has experience leading a team & is ready to build & grow the department. It is a bonus if you have:
- Experience leading a team across multiple locations.
- Experience building a support organization.
Important Leadership characteristics
- Strong leadership ability – a Team player and a Team builder.
- Strategic mindset – but with a hands-on/can-do attitude.
- Strong professional business acumen.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Excellent ability to lead, motivate and manage a team locally and globally.
- Continually drive effective results.
- Communicate effectively at all levels.
Why you should join JOE & the JUICE
Joe & The Juice offer a great work environment where you can develop your own abilities in a young culture. They have an unmatched office space in central Copenhagen where you will find freshly Coffee, Juice & Sandwich’s which are on the house. You will be working close with the management team to empower data driven decision making! Your salary will be based on experience & competencies.
For more information
Please contact: Managing Partner Christian Rolin, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +45 22 16 27 15 or Associate Recruitment Partner Bettina Bakhauge, mail: email@example.com or phone +45 29 68 46 89 for more information.
You can apply for the position using this link.
Peoplement offers executive search and recruitment of executives, senior managers and critical specialists within general management, sales, digital, marketing, finance, supply chain & operations, HR, and IT.
DK-2900 Hellerup, Denmark