Peoplement are looking for an experienced PCB Designer to join our client QDevil / Quantum Machines
Quantum Machines and its customers
Quantum Machines (QM) is a company developing and commercializing quantum computing. Established in 2018, QM is the leading provider of qubit-agnostic quantum control and operation systems, providing the world’s cutting-edge researchers and organizations with the critical tools needed to develop useful quantum computers.
QM is backed by globally recognized venture capital sponsors, including TLV Partners, Battery Ventures, Red Dot Capital Partners, Avigdor Willenz’s investment group, and Harel Insurance. The company is highly successful and doubled its revenue last year and is expected to do so again in 2023.
QM has a global reach of +300 customers in 14 countries across government, universities, and cooperations. Harvard University, Caltech, and Niels Bohr Institute are among QM’s customers. Customers typically have physicists and a PhD background.
QM employs an interdisciplinary team of physicists and engineers of over 80 in Israel, Denmark, France, Germany, Canada, and the United States. The company has seen rapid expansion over the past year.
As part of QM’s strategi to grow and establish a solid home base in Europe, QM acquired the Danish company QDevil 2022.
QDevil (established in 2016), is a developer and producer of electronic instruments and parts specialised in quantum electronics research. Both companies are leveraging expertise in quantum technology and talent in quantum electronics and specialised components.
QM plans to expand and grow the team in Copenhagen over the coming years to continue to deliver revolutionary technology within quantum computing.
This is where you get into the picture…
You will join a small Engineering team that currently consists of 10 engineers who specialize in designing and developing electronic equipment for qubit-agnostic quantum control and operation systems.
As the leading PCB designer, you will create PCB layouts of chip carriers for cryogenic temperatures, RF signals, and material- and supplier selection. This is by far conventional chip carriers but will require you to think out of the box and work with cutting edge stack-ups and technologies. The focus will be on high channel count with circuits that are RF critical and routing for optimised performance.
There is a very close integration with mechanics and simulation to create user-friendly workflows for the users of the products at optimum performance.
There will be a focus on scaling the number of lines to the quantum processors, and finding suitable solutions for this is an essential part of the job.
You will also be responsible for the layout of our room-temperature PCBs, where the focus is on noise, EMC, and creating state-of-the-art analogue signal performance.
For the right candidate, it is a unique opportunity to participate in influencing the direction of and develop the future of quantum computing.
The PCB Designer will report to Morten Kirkelund, Director of Engineering at Quantum Machines.
Role & Responsibilities
As part of the team, you will work in multiple areas together with your colleagues, including:
- PCB layout and systems design, including RF circuits.
- Dialogue with sub-suppliers about stack-up, technologies and layout.
- Design of chip interconnect technologies such as wire-bond, flip chip and high-density RF connectors.
- Prototyping of new PCBs.
- Supplier selection.
- Background within electronics- technician, engineering, or similar.
- Work experience with PCB layout for at least 2 years.
- Experience with industrial R&D.
- Creation of documentation – PCB stack-up and Gerber and archiving – PLM/PDM
It’ll be an advantage to have experience with, know of or interested in:
- Chip level layout COB, SOB.
- PCB layout of RF circuits.
- Experience with Altium Designer.
- Analog PCB layout of RF 100 MHz – 10 GHz.
- Experience with production processes.
- Cable design and documentation.
As a person you:
- Have a creative mindset and a strong sense of order.
- Can challenge suppliers and think outside of the box.
- Thrive in achieving perfection in your layouts.
- Are open and ready to call a supplier to get help.
- Are detail oriented.
- Are a team player, not afraid to give a helping hand where needed.
- Are good at working independently and getting things done.
- Communicating fluently in English, both orally and in writing, and being fluent in Danish is an advantage.
- Live in the Copenhagen area and have a valid work & resident permit for Denmark.
What Quantum Machines offers
Quantum Machines offer an international, diverse, and innovative culture with passionate and highly skilled people. You will be working from their office in Copenhagen, with future plans to move to new offices.
QM offers all employees stock options in Quantum Machines. They also provide 25 days of holiday per year, with an extra five days (ferie fridage), plus five recharge days.
QM offers a pension scheme with health insurance.
Last but not least: Excellent coffee! A high-performance team deserves high-quality coffee!
How to come into consideration
Please get in touch with Associate Recruitment Partner Bettina Bakhauge by mail email@example.com or by phone +45 2968 4689.
Or you can apply for the position sending your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org og by using this link.