Peoplement are looking for an experienced Electronics Engineer to join our client QDevil / Quantum Machines
Quantum Machines and its customers
Quantum Machines (QM) is a company developing and commercializing quantum computing. Established in 2018, QM is the leading provider of qubit-agnostic quantum control and operation systems, providing the world’s cutting-edge researchers and organizations with the critical tools needed to develop useful quantum computers.
QM is backed by globally recognized venture capital sponsors, including TLV Partners, Battery Ventures, Red Dot Capital Partners, Avigdor Willenz’s investment group, and Harel Insurance. The company is highly successful and doubled its revenue last year and is expected to do so again in 2023.
QM has a global reach of +300 customers in 14 countries across government, universities, and cooperations. Harvard University, Caltech, and Niels Bohr Institute are among QM’s customers. Customers typically have physicists and a PhD background.
QM employs an interdisciplinary team of physicists and engineers of over 80 in Israel, Denmark, France, Germany, Canada, and the United States. The company has seen rapid expansion over the past year.
As part of QM’s strategi to grow and establish a solid home base in Europe, QM acquired the Danish company QDevil 2022.
QDevil (established in 2016), is a developer and producer of electronic instruments and parts specialised in quantum electronics research. Both companies are leveraging expertise in quantum technology and talent in quantum electronics and specialised components.
QM plans to expand and grow the team in Copenhagen over the coming years to continue to deliver revolutionary technology within quantum computing.
This is where you get into the picture…
You will join a small Engineering team that currently consists of 10 engineers who specialize in designing and developing electronic equipment for qubit-agnostic quantum control and operation systems. The team will grow considerably with more electronics engineers and software developers in the coming months.
The team is currently working according to “best practice” within software and electronics development, and you will help to formulate these into a commonly accepted process and working methodology.
For the right candidate, it is a unique opportunity to strongly influence the direction of and develop the future of quantum computing.
The Electronics Engineer will report to Morten Kirkelund, Director of Engineering at Quantum Machines.
Role & Responsibilities
You are an electronics engineer with a flair for creating products.
You have or want to try and lead the product creation process from end to end. You have experience as a project lead from smaller, informal or more extensive projects. You motivate and foster a team approach around you.
You naturally see the tasks that must be done to succeed with short-term goals and the entire product development. You love to find solutions through ambiguity and drive a common direction.
As part of the team, you will participate in the complete design and development cycle, which includes the following:
- Design, specify, develop, and maintain electronic equipment for quantum electronics and quantum computing, together with physicists, mechanical-, and electronics engineers, and other colleagues.
- Technical project lead and motivation of project participants for swift execution.
- Design/review PCB boards.
- Development of test methods and analysis.
- Participate in test, verification and validation.
- Participate in Compliance, CE, EMC and box system design.
- Participate in specification and documentation.
- Handover to production.
- MSc in electrical engineering or similar and approx. 3-6 years of professional work experience.
- Able to create an overview of a product from PCB’s, box, internal wiring and assembly.
- Lead and motivate people.
- Digital hardware circuit design – from FPGA to controller.
- Production test development for hardware.
- Characterization and testing of prototypes and final models.
It’ll be an advantage to have experience with, know of or interested in:
- Industrial R&D and production processes.
- Analog and digital signal processing.
- PCB and Altium Designer
- Knowledge of programming in embedded C and a scripting language (e.g., Python or similar).
- Analysis of test results
- EMC, CE certification, regulatory compliance.
- Project management.
- Box build and box architecture.
- Production test design
As a person you:
- Have a creative mindset and a strong sense of order.
- You can navigate through ambiguity and create a path forward.
- Thrive working as part of a team, but at the same time, enjoy working independently.
- Are used to deciding on a tight spot.
- Focus on delivering high-quality work.
- Enjoy a high pace; your structured approach enables you to handle simultaneous deliveries and short deadlines.
- Understand how to motivate your colleagues.
- Take the lead if no one else does.
- Accepts and works proactively with accountability.
- Communicating fluently in English, both orally and in writing, and being fluent in Danish is an advantage.
- Live in the Copenhagen area and have a valid work & resident permit for Denmark.
What Quantum Machines offers
Quantum Machines offer an international, diverse, and innovative culture with passionate and highly skilled people. You will be working from their office in Copenhagen, with future plans to move to new offices.
QM offers all employees stock options in Quantum Machines. They also provide 25 days of holiday per year, with an extra five days (ferie fridage), plus five recharge days.
QM offers a pension scheme with health insurance.
Last but not least: Excellent coffee! A high-performance team deserves high-quality coffee!
How to come into consideration
Please get in touch with Associate Recruitment Partner Bettina Bakhauge by mail email@example.com or by phone +45 2968 4689.
Peoplement offers executive search and recruitment of executives, senior managers and key specialists within general management, sales, digital, marketing, finance, supply chain & operations, HR and IT.
Peoplement Denmark is the exclusive representative of AltoPartners, a leading international alliance of retained boutique entrepreneurial executive search and leadership consulting firms.
DK 2900 Hellerup, Denmark